Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Brassy Hair & Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo

Ever bleach/highlight your hair & not get the outcome you were looking for? Your hair has  been lifted but has orange & yellow tones? Yuck. This can also happen simply from fading as well. I have been blonde for some time now, but  recently went much lighter. Instead of just getting my highlights, I got an extremely light blonde base color with platinum highlights. I must say that the lady did do an excellent job, but there was still some brassiness to it from being the first time. So I searched on the Internet and was reminded of Violet/Purple Shampoos. The Shampoos are REALLY Purple and I was scared of them. I've heard some people claiming that it can tint your hair purple! This true if you continue using the product for too long or if you simply don't have an issue with brassiness. So I went to my local Ulta & talked to the girl about my issue and concerns. She recommended Paul Mitchell's Color Care Platinum Blonde Shampoo. My friend who is a hair dresser told me to only use it once a week, but the girl at Ulta told me I could use it until the brassiness was gone. It only took 3 times to correct the brassiness. I tryed to lather it only into my roots because that's where the brassiness was. The rest of my hair was fine from being highlighted so many times prior to dying. I'll continue to use it as needed. Probably once a week or every 2 weeks.
Similar Products
  • Phyto Phytargent Whitening Shampoo for Gray Hair & Platinum Blondes
  • Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo
^All of the products mentioned on this post are available at Ulta, but only the Phyto brand can be bought from their website.
 *You can always try looking for a better price for them on sites like EBay, Amazon, etc.




Tips for Preventing Brassiness
  • Use products designed for Blondes
    -Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner (smells amazing!)-John Frieda Sheer Blonde Crystal Clear Hairspray (made with non-yellowing ingrediants)
  • You can put a filter on your shower head to reduce the amount of iron deposits in your water. 

3 comments:

  1. how did just applying it to the roots go, as i have the same problem, and am wondering wether just applying it to the roots ill make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi it DID make a difference! You have to leave it on for about 5 min, so when you are rinsing it out, it doesn't really have time to absorb the violet deposits into the rest of the hair... You don't have to be super neat about it.. I just rubbed into my scalp and roots and didn't pay attention to the ends like I would normal shampoo. It's not like it can't even TOUCH the rest of hair, ya know? :) Good luck!

      Delete
  2. will make a difference**

    ReplyDelete