Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Foundation Makeup: Acne Prone Skin

Proactiv carries a line of cosmetics that I've been using for quite some time. They only have 3 shades  available and it's crazy to think how well it matched my skin! 


Proactiv Makeup

*Proactiv Foundation is slightly oxidizing and after it's been on my face for a little, my chest looks lighter than my face (BIG No No.) However I am going to try using it in the summer when I have a bit of a tan. I don't find it that much of a disappointment because summer time is when you sweat more are probably more prone to breaking out; so it will be more beneficial that way anyway.  The texture is absolutely amazing! It's so easy to work with, but it will rub onto everything. So if your bf is wearing his fav shirt, try not burrow your face into it when hugging.

Proactiv Makeup

*Proactiv Loose Powder: I hardly ever use this; not because I don't like it, but in the winter, I don't really need powder as much, especially when my skin gets dry. I will probably continue using this during the summer months as well.

*Proactiv Concealer Plus: It's a concealer that has blemish treatment in it. I like the fact that it helps blemishes, but it's not the greatest at concealing and I find it difficult to blend with foundation without rubbing away the actual concealing. I found that letting the "dab" of concealer sit for a few moments helps it stay put.
*Proactiv Mattifying Primer: My face does not get oily in the winter, but I am really looking forward to trying this in the summer when I'll need it. I will update the post.

So what foundation to use during the winter?

I recently fell victim to the Mac Cosmetics counter. I have walked passed it going in & out of Macy's countless times, but in search of a better foundation, I surrendered. I was instantly hooked (like I knew I would be.)  I actually went back 3 days in a row cause I'm a crazy person. Back to the foundation... I bought  Mac Matchmaster Foundation, which is A-mazing! And no, it did not break me out ... **High-friggin-Five.**

Mac Matchmaster & Concealer
Like i said, I have never tried any other Mac foundation so I can't give a full comparison to other their other ones. I do know that it's a lot thicker and creamier than the Studio Fix. The Matchmaster takes a little more effort than the Proactiv. It can take some time to buff into skin properly, but the results are beautiful. If you are thinking about purchasing the Mac Matchmaster, I highly suggest getting a quality foundation brush. I plead guilty to applying my foundation with my fingers until very recent. Check into the Mac 130 brush. After purchasing my foundation, I went out the very next day and bought the brush. It makes a great difference. (Sigma has high quality brushes as well.)
I've also bought Mac's Concealer which is THE best I've ever used. I can't Rave about it enough.  It makes your blemished practically disappear. I have not tried this enough times to tell you if it will worsen breakouts, but I will update the Post!

What Foundations do you use to avoid breakouts?!
Thanks for your comments!


2 comments: