Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

OCM: Update 4

HMM...
I continue to research the Oil Cleansing Method: Read articles, Watch Vlogs. etc.
I'm realizing that most suggest using 30% Castor Oil at  most. If more is used, you can dry out your skin, which is obviously going to make your skin want to produce more oil and cause acne. I think, though, that my skin is used to being dried out from the Proactiv. I am hoping that with the right amount of moisturizer, I won't have to worry about my skin over producing oil. BUT, maybe that's why my face felt so oily this morning and it wasn't the fact of the weather. 
I've completely stopped using the EVOO: Only because the Jojoba Oil is known to be most like our own oils. The idea is for your skin to realize it's got enough oils and does not need to produce so much. Therefore, less acne. 

Today.. The regimen is obviously helping blackheads to loosen. I can tell because I have a horrible habit of picking at them. And they're not even that bad! I just like to pick.. so bad. Anyway, I can see a few clogged pores, but not anything inflammatory or even considered a blemish.. can't even be seen if it wasn't for my 8x magnifying mirror. I was extremely tempted to just start back the Proactiv tonight. BUT i didn't.

Quick Reminder: The cleansing takes time! You cannot rush through it. You really need to let the cloth sit and open your pores in order for it pull the impurities. The rinsing is also time consuming... wipe face, rinse cloth; Wipe face, rinse cloth; wipe face, rinse cloth.

Another GREAT tip:
Just watched a YouTube video (by vivacious1083) and the girl says she made a toner consisting of 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar : 2-3 parts water.
She says that even witch hazel made her skin too dry. So if you're having that issue, keep this in mind!
You can watch the video>> here <<.


PS I will be posting my other things soon.. I'm just slightly obsessed with my face right now out of sheer terror of this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment