Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

OCM: Update 1

Last night was the first night of attempting the OCM....
I did use the ratios as I planned:
  • 50% Castor
  • 25% Jojoba
  • 25% EVOO
  • + few drops of Tea Tree
(Again; I did not go into any depth of the Oil Cleansing Method or the reasoning behind these specific oils, only because there are so many blogs, forums, and Youtube videos that already do an amazing job of explaining all that. If you do have questions, however; I would be more than happy to explain!)

So.. how was it?!
To my surprise, my skin did not feel greasy/oily afterwards. I followed with applying Thayer's Witch Hazel toner. My skin actually felt slightly dry. I think the key to avoiding a sudden breakout is going to be spending the time to thoroughly rinse the oils with the warm water repeatedly & the witch hazel afterwards. Soft today and not oily. I did not use the OCM this morning. I feel that it's only necessary every 24 hours. So, this morning I simply splashed with water & applied Thayer's Witch Hazel toner.
If my skin does start to feel dry after the using the Witch Hazel; I will follow with my trusty balancing moisturizer. I use Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream Gel for Oily/Combination skin. I've posted about this stuff before and it's just really great at balancing the moisture in your skin and does not cause breakouts. Plus, Korres products are more natural than others!

I admit: I'm completely beside myself. As if giving up my Proactiv isn't terrifying enough; I'm now rubbing oils all over my face! Still can't believe I'm attempting this. 
I consider myself lucky to be so young and have the knowledge of how important it is to take care of my skin now. My mom was just telling me how she wish she knew how it important it was to take care of her skin at a young age before environmental damage had developed. Oh, how she loved the sun!:)

Because the next few nights would be repetitive, boring posts; I will only update if I happen to change the ratios for any reason, or if I start to get a blemish. Otherwise, I'll post back about the OCM within 5-7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment