Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Magazine Nails!

I'm pretty obsessed with nail art lately (even though I have really short nails.) I came across some videos on YouTube showing how to do newspaper nails, which is really cool as well. I then, stumbled upon Magazine nails! Coolest DIY nail art, and so easy!!

Magazine Nails
You'll need:
  • White Nail Polish
  • Tweezers
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Magazine Clippings
  • Clear Top Coat

First you wanna paint your nails white. I use OPI and it's really opaque. Next you want to skim through a magazine and find some clippings you like.. Anything at all; Fonts, little pictures, etc.
Next you wanna take a bowl of rubbing alcohol and dip your magazine clippings into it using the tweezers. I use my hand to place it on the nail only because I feel i have more control rather than using the tweezers. Hold it FIRMLY on your nail. I try to rub as little as possible because I find this sometimes smears the image. Hold there for about 10 seconds and remove. I think that ripping it off quickly like a band-aid gave much better results. I think it helps the ink stay on the nail better. If the ink doesn't transfer as well as you'd like, you can rub it off with some alcohol and it won't remove the white polish! Then you want to apply a top coat. Easy-peasy!

Magazine Nails
It's so neat; I had to share! And the possibilities are endless!!

I don't get magazines anymore, and all I had was some boring one, but I made do! I can't wait to try this with  other magazines!

I was feeling lazy so I didn't do any type of work on my nails prior to this as in removing my ridiculous cuticles (as you can see.) They look kinda crappy but you get the idea... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment